Thursday, August 14, 2008

Design Your Own Band


Check out this site http://www.design-a-band.com for a neat way to make a medical allert allergy bracelet. The site is called Design A Band and they have 10 sizes and 26 color variations, a little something for everyone.
The medical alert bracelet I wear is an engraved silver plate (with a lot of information) that I've made different beaded bracelet bands for, but it is not something that I want to wear for hard use around water or in the woods. This seems like a good alternative for those (all to rare) sporty moments.

With sizes ranging from toddler through XL adult, they have something for just about everyone. This looks like a great thing for kids, since the medical alert bracelet will be just another one of those bracelets that all the kids are wearing. They have lots of clip art too. I haven't placed my order yet, so I can't say anything about service or quality, though I imagine that one silicone band is much like another. I'll try to remember to update this post after I order.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your blog. You write so well about what it is really like to have a life threatening allergy to corn. Yikes!! I can only imagine.

It is funny, I also receintly wrote about these bands and a few others like it at my blog here.
http://peanutfreegallery.blogspot.com/search/label/tattoos

Thanks again for letting me into your world. As the parent of an allergic child I really like to read about how adults deal with their allergies.

Jennifer

-c said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks, that is so nice of you! I've been reading your blog with the food allergy carnival and it is fantastic.

I can't imagine how hard it is to be the parent of a food allergic child, I can barely manage my own allergy as a 'grown-up'. I do feel like I am the horrible warning of what not to do most of the time, but I hope that the stupid/funny things that I do to myself can help someone else with a corn allergy avoid making the same mistakes. Also, it helps me stop