Thursday, August 14, 2008

Design Your Own Band


Check out this site http://www.design-a-band.com for a neat way to make a medical allert allergy bracelet. The site is called Design A Band and they have 10 sizes and 26 color variations, a little something for everyone.
The medical alert bracelet I wear is an engraved silver plate (with a lot of information) that I've made different beaded bracelet bands for, but it is not something that I want to wear for hard use around water or in the woods. This seems like a good alternative for those (all to rare) sporty moments.

With sizes ranging from toddler through XL adult, they have something for just about everyone. This looks like a great thing for kids, since the medical alert bracelet will be just another one of those bracelets that all the kids are wearing. They have lots of clip art too. I haven't placed my order yet, so I can't say anything about service or quality, though I imagine that one silicone band is much like another. I'll try to remember to update this post after I order.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your blog. You write so well about what it is really like to have a life threatening allergy to corn. Yikes!! I can only imagine.

It is funny, I also receintly wrote about these bands and a few others like it at my blog here.
http://peanutfreegallery.blogspot.com/search/label/tattoos

Thanks again for letting me into your world. As the parent of an allergic child I really like to read about how adults deal with their allergies.

Jennifer

Christine said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks, that is so nice of you! I've been reading your blog with the food allergy carnival and it is fantastic.

I can't imagine how hard it is to be the parent of a food allergic child, I can barely manage my own allergy as a 'grown-up'. I do feel like I am the horrible warning of what not to do most of the time, but I hope that the stupid/funny things that I do to myself can help someone else with a corn allergy avoid making the same mistakes. Also, it helps me stop